Starting May 28th, 2020 Upic Solutions will begin applying modern encryption standards on all hosted services (Virtual Office, ePledge, ePortal).
The following configurations are known to be unable to use this modern encryption.
- Remote Desktop Protocol
- Windows 7 SP1 using RDP version 6.3.9600 and lower (This affects systems logging into Virtual Office).
- This can often be resolved by requiring Windows 7 to TLS 1.2. Please contact Member Services for further assistance.
- Windows XP, 7 and 8 have been marked end of life.
- Android 4.3 and earlier versions
- Firefox version 5.0 and earlier versions
- Internet Explorer 8-10 on Windows 7 and earlier versions
- Internet Explorer 10 on Windows Phone 8
- Safari 6.0.4/OS X 10.8.4 and earlier versions
To confirm that your browser(s) will support the new security, you can go to https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html. If the site advises that it does not support TLS 1.2, you may need to update your web browser.
Upic Solutions has the ability to roll TLS 1.2 out as a minimum to all Windows based systems. By implementing this change you’re helping to ensure your browsers will always operate in the most secure method available. If you’re an existing customer of Upic please contact us through Member Services so we can start coordinating the change. If you’re a United Way looking into these changes we can also help! Please contact us to start a conversation.
If you would like to read more on TLS: