With many people being faced with having to work remotely during these unprecedented times; United Ways are looking for tools that can help them meet the increased demand of collaborating with internal and external contacts. Microsoft Teams is the perfect tool that combines chatting, meetings, calls and collaboration from anywhere.
What do I need to do to get started?
- Microsoft Teams is already part of your Office 365 subscription and users can download an instance on up to five devices.
- We recommend video conferencing, calling and screen sharing be done from your workstation. To install the applications:
- Log into https://portal.office365.com
- Click on the button “Install Office” located near the top right-hand corner.
- Contact Member Services if you need help.
Can we share and collaborate with colleagues?
Yes, you can! You can create, share, and collaborate on Excel sheets, Word documents, and more. You can also share documents outside of your organization, with administrator approval and the use of Teams for file storage. Teams also support screen sharing, text messaging, voice and videoconferencing on-demand and pre-scheduled.
Can we setup a conference bridge so external contacts can call into a meeting using their phones?
Yes, you can! Participants can join meetings using the Teams client or via web conferencing functionality built into Teams. Support for dial in and out by phones is also supported with additional licensing.
Can I use Teams to make phone calls?
Yes, you can! Teams can replace most phone systems, allowing you to place and receive phone calls on your phone, tablet or computer. Contact us for information on required licensing.
Can I share my screen in Microsoft Teams?
Yes, you can! You can share your screen or other applications that you have open with your colleagues.
If you have questions or need additional information, please e-mail us at email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as possible.